Dave and Amy Freeman were name Adventurers of the Year by National Geographic after completing the North American Odyssey, a 11,700 mile expedition by canoe, kayak and dogsled across North America! Dave and Amy are now conducting assemblies across the country, sharing stunning images, video clips and riveting accounts of their epic journey. Presentations are tailored to fully engage a variety of ages and immerse students in the geography and ecosystems of North America while piquing their curiosity and excitement to learn.
Dave and Amy are modern-day explorers who students often compare to Lewis and Clark. Their story will inspire students to set and achieve larger goals, cooperate, and treat each other with respect. Plus, classrooms can follow their adventures online and learn along with them. Because of the massive scope of their journey they can customize the program to fit your audience’s interests.
Themes can include:
- Explorers and Exploration
- Environmental Appreciation
- Geography of North America
- Nutrition and Physical Fitness
- The importance of team work, always doing your best, and other life skills
- photos and video clips
- hands-on activities with some of the team’s expedition equipment
- time for students and teachers to ask questions
- pre and post assembly activities aligned to Common Core Standards
Our 60 minute program can be customized by grade level to meet your curriculum needs.